26. Februar 2012

Pleasant(?) Anticipation

Soon i'll visit my mother's hometown, where many of my relatives live. The one nearest+dearest to me are my granny, my aunt and her two kids, my elder cousin and my little cousin ^-^ Its not the first time i go there, not at all! I always stay at my grandmother's place and we go to my aunt's to spend the day, eat, and/or make a trip to (mostly) places within the city. I know all this, i know it so well, and i used to be like "YAY i'm going to see my Family again and wander through the city!!" I couldnt wait to be there.
Last time i went there was nearly exact two years ago. Meanwhile a lot happened. My brother got a girlfriend there and thus he visits them all every ~four/five months. So he knows my families situation as good as my mother. They know the ways through the city and are up to date with all events that are happening there. In short, they both seem to me like real natives.
I love my second home country! But i dont want to go right now. Nearly a week till i leave and i cant bring myself to be happy about it. Well, not as happy as i should. I am afraid. Of what? That, i dont know exactly. But i know that i already/will feel like an intruder to a world unknown to me. I will be the "newcomer", the "outsider" or the "stranger" whom you need to explain everything. Plus, i dont like their cooking ^^° I am veeeery picky and at home in Tyrol i know what the things to eat and to cook that i can eat. But there, i almost end up half an hour after everyone else has finished and my meal seems like a mouse nibbled at it. Its a miracle that i dont die of hunger. But thank God they have this wonderful donuts *drools* Well, back on topic.
I love and adore my spanish family and i want to hug and cuddle them all day long everytime i actually see them. But i know, this time i'll feel like a country bumpkin in Shibuya. . .
I really am ungrateful, arent i? But i cant change the way i feel ^^°
Let's hope it's just some sort of premature home sickness :D

1 Kommentar:

  1. Don't be silly.
    This isn't about knowing the town or the people well, it is about you enjoying the city, the sun, your family and most important of all: DOUGHNUTS!

    No one expects anything except you. So just be happy to have the opportunity to be in a nice place! I'm so jealous, so you better enjoy your trip, or I'll kick your ass pretty hard!!!

    And stop being that harsh to yourself! You're hurting me!

    AntwortenLöschen